Thursday, December 15, 2011

To Want Numbness


After everything that's happened and all of the emotions that have been hitting me like waves, I think the break up is finally starting to really sink in. I know I shouldn't, and I know that all of this showed that he really didn't care about me, but that doesn't change how happy I was. The happiest I've ever been. And now it's all been taken away from me.
I'm sad. More than sad. I don't really know how to explain what I'm going through, but it's awful. I just want it to stop, I want it all to stop. The memories, the flashbacks, the feelings...is it so much to just ask for them all to stop?
I'm tired of one little thing coming up that reminds me of him, of us, and me completely falling apart. I don't feel like myself anymore and I don't like that I have to avoid certain things in my life so that it doesn't hurt as much. But that doesn't really ever work either because I realize that I am avoiding them then I remember the reason why I am avoiding them and I come full circle. I hate who I've become.
I wish I could just forget all of this. I'd give anything to take back ever going to see him at the hospital last night and save myself from this pain.

No comments: